Thursday, March 15, 2012
Picture Book 18: 10 Little Rubber Ducks
Author: Eric Carle
Title: 10 Little Rubber Ducks
Illustrator: Eric Carle
Genre: Fiction
Sub-genre: Bedtime Stories
Theme: Traveling, getting lost, ocean, counting
Primary and secondary characters:
Award(s): Laura Ingalls Wilder Award 2003
Date of publication: January 18, 2005
Publishing company: HarperCollins
Brief summary: This a book written about an actual event that left many toys strewn about the ocean. In this story a box of 10 rubber ducks gets knocked off of the boat they are traveling on. All of the ducks go in different directions and run into different sea creatures!
How you would use the book with students.: I could use this book with preschool students in a variety of ways! We could use it to learn to count. I would use it to learn about different directions (North, East, up, down). I would also use it to talk about the ocean and different animals in the ocean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think this is such a neat book, especially because the reunion for this event just took place (I think it was 20 years ago).
ReplyDelete