Thursday, March 15, 2012

Picture Book 15: Ox, House, Stick:


Author: Don Robb
Title: Ox, House, Stick:
Illustrator: Anne Smith
Genre: Informational Books
Sub-genre: History
Theme: Creating new language, keeping history
Primary and secondary characters:
Award(s):
Date of publication: June 1, 2007
Publishing company: Charlesbridge Company
Brief summary: This is a wonderful book that tells of the development of the alphabet and writing! It covers so much information that is broken down in such a way that it is easy to understand. The book touches on why it's important to write things down.

How you would use the book with students.: I would use this with students of all ages. I would use it to show the progression of the written letter from what used to be drawings! I could use this book to teach students the importance of writing things down to keep track of actual evens and when they occurred so future generations would know about the events.

No comments:

Post a Comment