Thursday, March 15, 2012
Picture Book 14: The Creation
Author: James Weldon Johnson
Title: The Creation
Illustrator: Carla Golembe
Genre: Traditional Literature
Sub-genre: Religion
Theme: Different beliefs, the creation of the world
Primary and secondary characters: God
Award(s:
Date of publication: 1993
Publishing company: Little, Brown and Company
Brief summary: This book was originally written in 1927 but was completely redone in 1993 with new illustrations by Carla Golembe This is a children's story derived from the Biblical book of Genesis. This is one of the original tales of how the world was created, by whom, and why. The illustrations in this book are absolutely gorgeous and has truly added a new angle to the story.
How you would use the book with students.: I could not use this book in a public school setting because it is a religious book but I would could use it in a private school setting. I would use this to begin telling younger students about the first story in the bible, the creation of the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment